شهر حزيران من الاشهر المميزة في تاريخ مجتمعات موزيلا في المنطقة العربية، بحضور ممثلين مجتمعات موزيلا في الجزائر وتونس ومصر وفلسطين والاردن تم عقد الاجتماع الاول لمجتمعات موزيلا العربية في عمّان بين 25 و26 حزيران بحضور مينشيل بيكر رئيسة موزيلا وبيروس بابيداس مدير مجتمعات موزيلا في المنطقة.
تم طرح ونقاش عدة قضايا في الاجتماع تهم مجتمعات موزيلا المحلية في المنطقة منها التعاون المشترك وتبادل الخبرات، مزيد من المعلومات والصور والمقابلات في الروابط التي في الاسفل
25/26 June were amazing days for all Mozillians around the Arabic world, Mozilla communities around the Arabic world gathered in Amman for the 1st Mozilla – Arabic Community in Amman.
Mozillians from Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Palestine and Jordan are attended this event. Also Mitchell Baker Mozilla chairperson, attended the two event days for the 1st time. Pierros – Mozilla community Manager was their also.
The meeting discussed several issues regarding the local communities and future cross collaborations between the communities.
You can read different posts about the meeting in Arabic/English/French on the links blow, also you can view the events photos and interviews below
This trick work with any Android mobile that have Android 2.0 and above, you can read Arabic website using Firefox Mobile installed from Android Market Currently in Beta 5 but it is very stable. Still you can read Arabic SMS, but you wanna have Arabic website on your mobile without a hassle of flashing a custom ROM or Rooting, just install Firefox Mobile. Thanks to my friend for this tip (@amersweidan)
Mozilla is trying to enter the Guinness World Record for Most Software Downloaded in 24 Hours.
What you have to do is just go to this website Firefox Download Day and registered that you are pledging to download Firefox on the release day to have the record… The total pledges is around 280,000 and counting… In Jordan there are 89 Pledges.. Invite all Firefox lover to pledge and increase the number from 89 to 1000
I’ve been using using Pivot blog since 2005, it is a database based text file, it is a good and powerful blog for people that don’t have database support on their host (You can get basic hosting for $4/month and use it). The challenge for me is to move to a new software is how can I import my all data from Pivot. I decide to go with WordPress and check if I can do the migration process, I did some googling until I found the solution. The steps are very simple:
- Download the latest version of wordPress here
- Read the 5 mins installation guide to install it. (I recommend to install in on another folder not to your root folder (e.g. www.your-domain.com/wordpress/)
- Grab this script file and upload it to the /wordpress/wp-admin/import/ (credits goes to this guy)
- Copy your db folder from Pivot folder with pv_cfg_config.php and paste them to WordPress folder
- Login to your admin console for WordPress, Go to Manage, Import and Choose Pivot
- Follow up the instructions (mapping the users, etc…)
- If everything went fine you have all your posts imported
- Now to solve the Image problem you need to grab this WordPress Plugin from here and remove the ‘.txt
- Open the file and add your image path to the files (e.g.
<img src="$1" alt="$2" align="$3" border="$4" /> change it to <img src="images/$1" alt="$2" align="$3" border="$4" />
- Upload your file to the plugin Directory /wordpress/wp-content/plugins/ and activate it
- Open your website now, Viola, your all Pivot posts are imported to WordPress.. Happy Blogging